Saturday, November 21, 2009

Day 21 - The Great Minnesota Eat-Together

In yesterday's recap of my visit to the Minnesota State Fair I skipped over the most important part, the food.  I think we all know that the only reason a lot of people go to the Fair is to eat the food you only get a chance to eat for those 12 days a year.  I had two food items that I knew I wanted to try to find, alligator and chocolate covered bacon.  I of course was also going to indulge in some of the classics too.  I'm starting to get a stomach ache just thinking about the crap I ate so let's get started.

Starting off with a classic Corn Dog right inside the gate



Finishing off a Chocolate Shake from the Dairy Barn



I found the alligator!



I went with the deep fried alligator and fries.  I was not sure what to expect but I really enjoyed it and will get it again the next time I have a chance.



Mini Donuts shared amongst several of us



Fresh French Fries shared amongst many



Cheese Curds for dinner?  What would my Mom say?  Well she better not say anything since that is what she had as well.



And the finale, Sweet Martha's Chocolate Chip Cookies



I never did find the chocolate covered bacon anywhere, I passed on the Big Bacon on a stick in hopes of finding it.  Maybe next time.

Looking back at it I really did not have that much to eat when you remember that it was spread out over about 10 hours.  But it still makes my stomach a little queasy thinking about all that grease.  That being said, of course I would it all again.  It is not a State Fair experience without the food!

No comments: