Friday, November 20, 2009

Day 20 - The Great Minnesota Get-Together

For the first time in probably at least 10 years I ventured to the Minnesota State Fair this August.  It's not that I don't like the fair, but if I don't go I don't feel like I missed anything.  This year my Mom and sister Amy were back in Minnesota for a family reunion during the fair and wanted to go.  Amy's "friend" (it's a long story) Mike joined us for the day at the fair.

The crowds were already there in full force when we arrived


The only spot that I knew I wanted to stop by at the fair was the live broadcast of Garage Logic on AM-1500.  I have listened to their State Fair episodes for years and wanted to get to see one in person.  It did not disappoint, in fact it might be something that would make me consider going to the Fair more often.

Joe Soucheray talks to Princess Kay and The Lake Detective



After Mom and I watched Garage Logic for awhile we found Amy and Mike again, they had been joined by Mike's Mom Charlie and Dave.  We headed off to The Midway so Dave and Mike could try their hand at winning some of the giant stuffed animals.

Mike of course was drawn to the game involving beer bottles



The beer bottle game didn't work, maybe ring toss will lead to success


While Dave and Mike continued to play different games I took a walk down The Midway to see if I could find some photographic inspiration.  While I was not super excited by the photos I thought a couple turned out ok.















Success!  Mike finally wins the giant animal (we think it was supposed to be a lion)


As quickly as he won it he handed it off to Amy who is not quite sure what to think



Dave had quite a bit of success too, winning 2 giant Scooby's and a couple unicorns



A newly born calf as we made a quick stop by the Miracle of Birth Center on the way out


A sheep waiting to give birth at the Miracle of Birth Center


Mike, Winston The Lion, and Amy on the way home


No, I did not forget about the food.  Believe me we/I had plenty to eat, but that will have to be another post.  (Give me a break I still have 10 more posts to do this month.)

No comments: