Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Day 17 - A Storm Was Brewing

The day was Friday August 21.  Storms were forecasted to hit the Twin Cities.  The storm was said to be big, lots of lightning, maybe even tornadic.  I was on days off.  I headed West to try to find the storm before it got too dark.  I arrived in rural Carver County around 1800hrs.  I started my search for the storm.  That's when things got interesting.....




... I found nothing but beautiful blue sky to the East and some rain clouds (above) to the West.  Since I had already ventured deep into Carver County I figured I would try to find something to get a photo of since it clearly was not going to be a nice storm today.  Even getting a decent photo proved difficult since the rain clouds made the sky dark early while also failing to provide lightning show for me.









I quickly gave up any hope of finding a good storm today and headed back towards Minneapolis to search out some new photographic inspiration.  Unfortunately I found nothing.  That is until I was leaving Minneapolis and looked off to the West to see a beautiful sunset.  I did not have time to get somewhere to try to photograph.  I admitted my defeat by Mother Nature today and fired off a few shots while driving down Hwy 62.




I will get her back someday, I don't know when, I don't know how, but I know I will beat Mother Nature someday!

No comments: