Saturday, November 08, 2008

Day 8 - A Return to the MN Peace Officer Memorial

Last November I posted some photos of the MN Peace Officer Memorial on the State Capital grounds.  I had heard that a new "thin blue line" had been installed and that it was now much brighter.  While I have always really liked the memorial the "thin blue line" had always been a bit disappointing.  The lights were very dull and in some parts it seemed they were burned out.  I was out taking photos one night and decided to swing by the State Capital to see how the memorial looked now.  I must say I was very impressed with the new lights.




To be honest I am not as happy with these photos (compared to those posted last year).  I really like how the sky was still a little bright in the other photos.  The ones I posted last year were taken during and right after sunset, while this year it was about 2 hours after sunset.  I think I will have to make a point to get back to the memorial again soon, maybe a little closer to sunset this time.

If you have never stopped by the memorial I would encourage you to do so.  Take some time to walk around the Peace Officer Memorial as well as some of the other memorials on the grounds.

No comments: