Friday, March 21, 2008

Mom's Wedding

I am back from Florida where I went to attend my Mom's Wedding.  It was a very nice ceremony on Siesta Beach followed by a reception at her home.  In addition to walking my Mom down the aisle with my sister, I was asked to be the wedding photographer.  It was my first time taking wedding photos but I think it turned out okay.


My Uncle Bob performed the ceremony.

Instead of the typical lighting of a unity candle they did a "sand ceremony" where sand of three different colors (white representing God) are poured in layers into a single vase.



My Step-Dad Jerry and Mom.
My Mom and sister.
My sister and my future brother-in-law Mike (it's a long story).
My Aunt Linda and Uncle Bob.
The cake that was setup back at the house for the reception.

6 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bill said...

WHAT! See what I miss when I'm not in dispatch!

Great pictures.....but we need to chat about the "long story!" :)

The Father of Five said...

I really like the unity Sand idea!

Nice pictures Jeff. Sounds like everyone had a good time!

Congrats to your whole family!

D

The Father of Five said...

Jeff... What did the "Florida Beach Weddings" commenter have to say?

Jeff said...

It was an ad for their website disguised as comment.

Krystal The Pistol said...

HOORAY! Now I just have to convince you to start up that wedding planner place we talked about. Naw, just kidding! Those are some beautiful photos, and they have so much more meaning because you took them. Congrats to your mom and your new step-dad. I too want to know more about the "long story".