Monday, November 09, 2009

Day 9 - Scamp

While I was trying to figure out what to post today I realized that I had not posted any pictures of Scamp in over 2 years. I honestly don't take pictures of him all that often but have been meaning to get better about it. Scamp and I went to the dog park about a week ago and as I was walking out the door I remembered to grab my camera.

Now, I have never tried to take posed pictures of a baby or small child but I imagine it is similar to trying to get a dog to sit still and look in the right spot while they are more interested in the other dogs wandering around.

Scamp and I met Lisa and Kula at the dog park for the first time this year. Scamp and Kula have been going to the dog park together ever since Kula was a young puppy. They have always gotten along very well and usually walk right next to each other. This time would be a little different. While they certainly remembered each other Scamp was more interested in eating grass then playing or running around, must be his older age.
We did manage to get both Scamp and Kula to pose for a couple pictures together. While this photo is not the best it has a cute story behind it. Ever since the first time going to the park together Scamp and Kula give each other kisses before getting into the cars to leave. It has gotten to the point that if Scamp is in the car and Kula did not get a kiss she will not jump into Lisa's car to leave and Scamp gets back out to give a kiss goodbye.
A more posed photo of the two of them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dogs don't 'kiss'....people or other dogs. Kissing is something that humans do.

Licking is a sign of submission in dogs. Not a kiss.

Dogs lick out of submission....not affection.