Thursday, November 06, 2008

Day 6 - Storm Damage

Today I am sticking with the catching things up tactic I have been using for the first few NaBloPoMo posts.  This past summer was a relatively quiet weather wise in my neck of the woods, no major storms or damage to report.  That is except for the huge evergreen in my front yard.

On the night of June 14th and thunderstorm came through the area, it was not a big storm, in fact I do not think it was even a severe storm.  I was at home watching a movie not even thinking about the weather.  At one point during the movie I heard a loud noise but figured it was part of the movie.  After the movie I was off to bed.  I woke up the next morning and let Scamp outside like usual, only to find that the loud noise from the movie was not from the movie at all.  It was my evergreen tree in the front yard (well it was now laying partly in the side yard).  
The roots of the tree and literally been ripped right out of the ground.

After contacting the Homeowners Association the tree was gone in 2 days at no direct cost to me.  They say I "should" get a new tree next year, depending on the budget.  I sure hope I get one soon though, the front yard looks kinda bare.

No comments: