Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Contest #1

This is the first post of what I hope can become a recurring theme on my blog. After having Quiz Time during my last post I came up with an idea. A photo contest if you will.

Now this will not be a send me your pictures and I will pick the best ones, type of contest. In this contest I will post a picture (maybe more then one sometimes) and we will see who can identify the subject. Please leave your guess or guesses in the comments section and after a few days, maybe a week I will announce who/if anyone got the correct answer. I may offer occasional prizes but they will most likely not be worth winning (I still have the 2 paper boxes available). The photos will usually be taken in the Twin Cities Metro Area or will be of a subject that is not area specific. I will eventually run out of usable photos for the contest so if you would like you can e-mail me a photo that you have taken or an idea for a photo location/subject that I could take a photo of.

So without further ado I present Contest #1.


4 comments:

Bill said...

OK, I don't know if I will be the first one or not but its is a picture of Normandale Community College's Japanese Garden. It is a two-acre oasis on its campus in Bloomington, Minnesota. The beauty and serenity of the garden make it ideal for contemplation and renewal of the spirit.

How is that!

Anonymous said...

Just guessing from a wedding I was at in 1984. The Eagan Flower Garden. Not sure of the exact address. Ken

The Father of Five said...

Sheesh, I used to juggle with the pot-heads there while skipping my law-enforcement classes!

Great Idea for a "running theme" idea Jeff! You hit this one out of the ballpark!

D

Krystal The Pistol said...

I will also guess the Japanese garden at Normandale. I will make a second guess - the Japanese garden at the Como Zoo Conservatory in St.Paul, just to make it interesting (although I know that's not it). :)